Re: RC: PR or Penalty

Sometimes when things get backed up at the PR gate, it seems to work to
use the time entering the gate as the "down" time.  If the horse's pulse
is not down, the pulse checker will call out "number xx going back out".
If the horse's pulse is down, the pulse checker will call "time on xx",
the timer replies with the time the horse entered the gate, and on to
the next horse.  I have been to crowded rides where a time penalty was
imposed for presenting early, also have done courtesy checks as I was
able at other rides, usually to help novices.  The method needs to be
consistent throughout the ride, and the timer should be able to handle
the method.

Carol in FL