Re: Whatever

Shyodu@aol.com wrote:
>Hey guys
>
>    You guys scare me - I'm very very new at this, and subscribed to this
>service to learn, to gain new insights, and to become a better partner with
>my horse.  I've only been on this service for a very short time, and I'm
>surprised how quickly things turned ugly.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not
>judging anyone, but I would much rather LEARN.

Imagine that this is like a huge family or group of friends that are sitting
around the dinner table or a campfire.  Several different discussions can be
going on at the same time...sometimes there's a bunch of fluff, sometimes the
discussions can get a bit heated.  The subjects evolve over time and if you
hang out and listen long enough, you'll get the complete picture.  Different
subjects tend to make the rounds periodically...but if there's something
specific you'd like to learn right now, you can check the archives on
endurance.net or ask a specific question.

Opinions are wonderful and in
>America, a right that I stand by - but could we please get onto lighter
>subjects.  I have learned quite a lot recently here, but - as a newbie - why
>doesn't someone give an accounting of the vet checks, i.e., how does one get
>stuff to a mid-way vet check (or whatever it's called), what exactly happens
>once you ride up, (i.e., once you have the pulse down, you have 30 minutes
>before the next leg??), does anyone have training tips, can anyone read the
>maps the RMs had out?  (LOL), etc.

Check out the archives...or ask something specific and I'm sure you'll get
some
good responses.  Also, there are several books out plus info for newbie
endurance enthusiasts on the AERC webpage.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.