Re: RC: Re: FW: The Posse Ride (From the Ride Manager)

In a message dated 4/10/00 9:06:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jlong@mti.net
writes:

<< My heart goes out not only to the injured man, but to these riders who
 have been so pilloried by those who are so eager to lay blame. >>

I agree, Joe, that the riders should not necessarily be pilloried.  But by
the same token, I don't think it is fair for the RM to be pilloried, either.
By all accounts, the RM did his best to provide a safe finish in a
less-than-ideal area, and someone utterly clueless wandered into a bad
position at a bad time.

Accidents happen, and it is a shame that so many (including, apparently,
AERC) seem to feel that one must somehow place blame.

Heidi