Re: RC: Re: "Deadman" Endurance Ride

At 9:12 PM -0400 4/10/00, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/10/00 6:08:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>sbrown@wamedes.com writes:
>
><< Is this a troll?  There was no name on the lengthy note on how awful the
>  management was towards the LDers.  Someone trying to incite a flaming
>session? >>
>
>I wondered the same thing, Sue.  If the comments were true, that is sad, but
>it's pretty hard to lend credence to unsigned posts with "made-up" screen
>names...
>
>Heidi

I know who this is.

Some riders were not shy about showing their displeasure about ride
mgmt's decision to require the LD riders to take their own pulses at
the vet checks, and not present for official PR checks before their
horses were down.  I think that there might have been a 5 minute
penalty for presenting before the horse is down.

They were called ahead of time or e-mailed and warned to be ready for
this.  Maybe mgmt didn't reach 100%.

One asked about the 50s.  I think the head vet said it was optional
for the 50s.  That they were trying to help the LD riders learn the
skills necessary to move up in distance to the 50.  That pill went
down the wrong way, according to the jungle drums.  A lot of happy
career LDers in PS with no plans to move up in distance.

My impression is that the ride mgmt had limited volunteers, that it
was a benefit ride, and the riders could sure help out by doing their
own pulse checks.  I also speculated that maybe RM thought that more
50s would have HRMs.  I do know the head vet has been doing a lot of
LD herself.

PS riders aren't used to this system with the penalty, though I sure
know other regions where it is standard for all distances.

Sorry I didn't pay better attention, but we did the 50.

Lynne
--
Ontario, California    http://www.lynnesite.com
ReactorPanel saddles http://www.eqwi.com/reactorpanel