Re: Re: "Deadman" Endurance Ride

Forgive me for letting my ignorance show here (my brain does not retain
near the amount of information it used to though I still remember my phone
number from when I was 10 years old!)...is there not a provision or rule
that says there is to be a separate ride meeting for Limited Distance
rides?  Perhaps this is the perfect place to find out who needs help and
pair them up with someone BEFORE the ride who can show them how to do a
pulse.  Just a thought (and I don't have many coherent ones lately!).  We
have to nurture the newbies in this sport, whether they start out doing 25s
or 50s.  They are the future of our sport and will only reflect what they
are taught early in the game.  Show them respect and courtesy now and
expect the same from them and TEACH them.  I knew NOTHING my first year.  I
thought I knew something but I found out how little I knew RIGHT AWAY.
Thank God for the people who took the time to teach and listen and SHOW me
the way.  I am still a newbie but if I can help someone along the newbie
path myself, I think maybe I HAVE learned something just as valuable as
knowing how to take a pulse!!  :)

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.