Re: RC: RC Posse Ruling (this raise some hackles)

In a message dated 4/10/00 7:08:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Tom:

 If the winner's circle is supposed off limits to
 "innocents", then what about the pre-ride
 paddock areas?>

Most tracks have the horses vey well separated from the "innocents".

 > Then the paddock area at
 Saratoga Race track must makes lawyers drool..
 because there not only are the owners, owners
 wives and children, but special "friends"
 invited into that area, while the horses are being walked,
 then saddled  before their race.
 And it's way more dangerous in the paddock than
 in the winners circle...>

In that case, could be. One big lawsuit and Saratoga will be sold to Magna
Corp., who will change the whole setup. We live in a different age. Too
damned many lawyers--but you have to play by the new rules or lose everything
you've built.

 >I've rarely (make that never) seen horses rearing,
 striking and kicking in the winner's circle.>

You ain't been there enough, Dear.

 >Of course, I'm bettin' Race tracks have quite a few bucks
 tucked away for a rainy day and can afford to be a little
 lax?

 Barb >>

It's called liability insurance.

ti