Re: finish line

I'm curious as to why this is *not* done?  It is my understanding that the
reason it's set up this way for the 25s is to prevent them from heavy duty
racing in to the finish...or is there some other reason that I'm not aware
of?

How much time do the finishers in longer distances have to reach criteria?
(I've only done LD up to now and don't have my rule book in front of me to
look
it up.)

Sue

> But before we go "fixing it" shouldn't we know what "it" really is. If
> it is one accident at the finish per 1000 rider miles that's one thing.
> If it is one accident per 50,000 rider miles that's something else. I
> would suspect it is more the latter than the former.
>
> Truman
> AERC #8217
>

> > David LaBlanc wrote:BTW, I have a modest proposal - why not just change
the
> rules so that all
> > distances have to do as LD does - you finish when you P&R down.  IMHO, it
> > would be better for the horse, and you wouldn't have dangerous races at
the
> > end.  Probably won't happen, but it makes sense to me
> >
> > I agree with this 100%...or have a vet chect 1/4 mile from the finish
line.

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.