To Look or Not?

I just finished reading an article on not letting a horse LOOK at an object thats bothering them. But to just keep the head straight and pass the object a few times, that it wasn't good for the horse to Look at it... they would get more nervous and upset etc.... something about not being able focus on the object right... that the horse having binocular vision... would be able to focus on it better that way.. I think I can understand the focus concept..But
Now from dealing with my very curious stallion, it has always been easier for us to face the monster, check it out and go on... the next few passes.. check it out, yep same thing, still there...till "oh thats nothing lets find something else to spook at". Now sometimes he gets it in his head to be a "Knothead" about something and gets disciplined, but always when safely possible gets to look at new monsters {just works for us}
besides the fact he likes to taste, pick up and smell everything he can. Once he got to taste the wall and look "up" at the people over his head in the Forth Worth arena.. we had a much nicer and relaxed ride.
So what do y'all do? If the horse really wants to check it out, do you pass on by or stop and look?
Now sometimes I do make him go on, having no problems pass it by {I hope thats the result of horse/rider trust thing}.. but if he never got to look, I think he'd go silly with worry and do all the Arabian teleport ticks in the book.
Ok balls in your court...whatchta say?