Re: Trailer weight

Assuming that the automatic is functioning properly, that you have a 460 V8,
and  that the foot feed was clear to the floor, you should have been in low
gear and perhaps 25 or 30 mph at least.

The truck was checked out, but did the mechanic check for a plugged
catalytic converter?  My dealer missed that on my '89 F250 with 460 V8 until
the power robbing back pressure blew an exhaust manifold gasket.  I was
lucky that the valves didn't burn.  By the way the replacement of a
catalytic converter is a bit spendy, but has to be done if the truck is
going to be used.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016