Re: RC: Who Rides with Broken Ribs

In a message dated 04/03/2000 7:26:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Htrails@Earthlink.net writes:

<< Some say I must wait 6 weeks, but has anyone started earlier?  Let me
know.
 I have two rides to lead in another three weeks. >>

I've had one horse go over backwards with me and break four ribs, another
launched me over his head (yellowjacket nest in the trail) slam me down on my
back and break two ribs, crack two vertebrae.  I believe it was 8 weeks
before I rode again in either case.  It is my feeling the if you ride too
soon you are likely to re-break the places that are trying to heal.  My
opinion.  The doctors advised 8 weeks.  And I'm a few years older than you
are.

Barbara