Re: Who Rides with Broken Ribs

Six weeks is the standard medical answer, but I have upon occasions riden the next day and another after that, as I had gone all the way from Cal. north coast to central Utah and wasn't going to miss the oppertunity of the multiday.  I actually broke it during the ride, because I was reading a map, not seeing the tree I should have ducked, and landed on a log on my ribs.  But I was riding with previously broken(4 weeks earlier) broken ribs and pelvis, so I was on pain pills anyway.  But the pills did disturb my ballance.  Besides that we got lost and management had to become search and rescue.  Seems the cycle boys thought it was fun to rearrange the ribbons.  Ugh, but all in a good days ride.  I have also ridden with broken wrist and clavical.

I'm told I am tough!

Joan Ruprecht oh 60 is young I am at least 65!