Re: RC: Re: nutrition for young horses

In a message dated 4/2/00 8:39:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:

> I'm still trying to figure out what
>  happened in Qatar. That one-rat-research suggests that we need big, skinny
>  horses with not an ounce of fat on their bodies. If it proves to be true,
I'
>  going to have to rethink everything. At this point, I'm researching, and
the

>  evidence coming in seems to point in that direction.

Tom,

Could it be,  that for the type of racing in Quatar, the preferred horse is
going to be the lean, mean racing machine. Due to the speed,  the footing,
the easy accessability to the VC's, i.e. the ability to give the horse food
and water, carbo charge, & lytes often. I haven't been there, but my
impression is that Middle East racing is track racing but a longer distance.
American endurance racing is so much more, the varied terrain, our VC's are
anywhere from 10-24 miles apart, varying from race to race.  One race in the
SE can be hot & humid, another in the SW could be dry & arrid, with lots of
climbs.

Whatever the reasons, Tom,  I'd sure be interested in your research.

Thanks,

Jackie Baker
Florida
AERC # 15265