Re: Re: Re: Re: safe loading in a slant load

HEAR ME>>  http://pagoo.com/signature/superpat

----- Original Message -----
From: John Bass <jbass@beattynv.com>
To: Karen Sullivan <greymare@jps.net>; <CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com>; Suzanne Mounts
<mountss@usfca.edu>

>".   If possilbe the
horses should be
untied before you open the back doors. That's common sense. If you horses
are so
well trained they will still stand there.

Exactly, John. If untied, they should stand until led out. And if trained to
do so, they will. I prefer not to tie...period. But if one chooses to tie
for whatever reason, the horse, if properly trained will stand until untied.
And yes...even the trained horse will spook (and don't I know it). So as
when working with horses in any situation, riding, leading, trailering,
feeding, ....whatever...it is always prudent to be aware and alert. And then
hope this isn't your day to discover that a horse is, after all, a horse.
Pat