Re: Heart Monitors

Karen,

When I priced HRM's, it was astonishingly cheaper to buy the full featured
ones (like the Polar Accurex NV) from a bike supply place online and buy the
transmitter from Horses Dacor...  I priced the HRMs at Performance Cycle.

Ex., You can buy the Accurex NV HRM for $114 from a bike site.
Add to that a $70-$90 electrode pack, and you have basically the same
setup that horse supply places sell for $315 or more.

The Accurex NV gives you a lot of nice feature likes laps, max/min/avg HR,
and time
spent in the zones.  I have an Accurex NV that I got several years ago for
me (still
ticking) and a Suunto Advizor with altitude readings, which I have not
totally
figured out how to use other than for instantaneous readings.  I have used
the
Accurex for mountain biking, running, and now for my horses. :-)

Bike store HRM:
http://www.performancebike.com/profile.html?sku=5924

HorsesDacor:
http://www.horsesdacor.com