Fwd: Re: NY State dept of health info - Rabies

OK, I got phone numbers for the NY State Dept of Health for my sister, one for business hours the other for emergencies - it says right on their web page that they are who is responsible when suspected rabid animals threaten people & domestic animals.  This is my sister's response:

From: Dede <wildwall@bestweb.net>
To: Lif Strand <fasterhorses@gilanet.com>
Subject: Re: NY State dept of health info - Rabies

Called them, did that! One is the Health Department which is closed on
week-ends and the other, for emergencies, refers you to the Sherrif's
Dept. The Sherriff was the one that said if it wasn't standing in front
of him to shoot he couldn't help. Hmm..

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for health, horsemanship, the internet & your life
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
Internet Research * Web Design * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options