Howard: The Far Out Man

Howard, I'm really glad I got to meet you at Osceola. (Did you find that
first loop a little hard to follow?)
Howard: Thanks for being real:
                        a real father,
                           a real rider,
                             a real joke teller,
                               a real help when needed.
   Thanks for writing about your experiences.  It is true that people who
don't know you, have a harder time forming a good picture of you, when they
try to do it from email you have written.  The inflection is gone.  The
visual image hasn't been received.  The cute smirk that the word "Angie"
brings to your face can not be emailed.
     It's neat to see how your daughter co-operates with you and helps with
the horses.  I hope Dance Line is doing better.
     It is obvious from the number of people that commented on your story,
that you are doing something right.  Anyone who stands up here on ridecamp
and speaks "her" mind will probably get comments.  Isn't it great!  We are
listening to each other, and commenting back!  WOW, you don't even get that
kind of attention around a campfire, or a bridge game.  And under it all, we
might just be learning something about each other and our horses.
  There are serious writers out there.  They have to make a living at this
stuff.  They have to compete.  They probably shouldn't use their sick horse
to draw attention to themselves.   But a real story, told from the heart,
can have levity interjected to relieve the pressure of the moment. Thanks a
lot Howard.
    Take all criticism with a grain of salt, but be "very wary" of any
praise.
   Sherman, near the other coast of FL.
 P.S.  May I call you "Howie" too?, hunh, may I?