Re: RC: re cribbing - what about chewing?

Have had several horses that did this when I got them.  One was so bad that the previous owner had sold it for that very reason. After feeding apple cider vinegar on the little bit of grain they got, the chewing completely stopped. Vets, any reason for this working? Even worked on one that "ate" my car when I first got her. (That made for some interesting conversations with people before being repainted. Some even thought all the marks were from cougar claws).
carol
oregon (and yes, I have had a cougar in my yard)