Death Visits Ridecamp

Lynda Corry lcorry@velaw.com
Howard, I have just reviewed your lengthy soliloquy "Death Visits RideCamp" and wanted to make a few brief comments.  If the many stories I'm hearing from the grapevine are true, it's pathetic of you to draw attention to yourself by using your horse like that.  You ought to be ashamed of yourself.  If you're trying to tell a tell a serious story and convey a somber mood, don't interject a lot of goofy prattle in a feeble attempt at humor.  It detracts, and contradicts the alleged seriousness of the situation that you would have us believe. With regard to your separate attempts at writing humor, if you're trying to be funny, then be funny.  This silly running one-sided pseudo-vendetta you have against Angie McGhee is just that -- silly.  There is generally a fine line between wit and offensiveness, and if you are not sure how to convey the former when you write, you may want to read a little book by Dale Carnegie called, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" in order to avoid the latter.  Remember, for those who have never met you, the words you use will paint a clear picture of the man behind them.

Think about this, Howie.
Lynda Corry
Houston, Texas