Re: simipathy or butt kick

I thought I'd share this one with you. The title "Simipathy or butt kick" is
how I received this email.  I've read it over and over and thought it should
be on RC.  I took out the girl's name and email address.  Another person on
RC wrote to me privately and thought I made the whole story up to get
attention or mess with riders' heads or whatever.

It took a lot for me to write that story, you can question me all you want,
and this is the last I will say any more about it; it happened.  I don't mind
the criticism.  I really hope that you never experience, with your horse,
what happened to Dance Line.  As Nancy Loving said in her recent article,
"When you pass a horse on IV at a ride try not to think what an idiot rider
that must be, say to yourself, "There but for the grace of God, go I."

I've tried to answer all of you who've emailed me privately.  If I missed
someone let me know.  For the one lady who thought I made my story up, please
read below.  I don't enjoy receiving mail like this but am not surprised
someone feels this way.  There is nothing any of you can say or do to me that
will make me feel worse than I did last Saturday night.

I'll probably be offline for awhile, but I won't quit RC.  And since it's
difficult for me to keep my mouth shut I probably won't turn into a lurker.
But it's a beautiful day and I'm going out to groom my horses and have a chat
with Dance.

cya,
Howard