Re: RC: I tried a slant trailer and I didn't like it. :-)

Louisa,
It's not uncommon for horses to be apprehensive in new situations. The fact
you were also leery would contribute to the situation.
Even if you decide to buy another straight load, I would recommend that you
keep practicing with slant/strange trailers whenever possible.  It would be
a good idea if your horse could load without being coaxed with food, too. At
the very least vary your routine for loading into your own trailer.
I once pulled at a ride (grade 1-2 off) & my horse refused to get into the
trailer they sent to pick us up.  After trying for a long time the lady
asked if I knew I was only 2 miles from camp. (Nope, I was a LONG way from
home.) I ended up riding back to camp. The last thing a sick horse needs is
more stress being hauled to help.
Nancy Mitts