Re: RC: Fw: Re: Dance Line

In a message dated 3/22/00 8:28:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
knaptyme@uswest.net writes:

<<  If a
 horse had a choice, do you think they would go out and do 50
 miles in less than a 12 hour period.  NOT.  It isn't in
 their nature.  The best we can do for these animals is take
 care of them, make sure their health is sufficient to deal
 with what we are asking.  We owe them that much.  And if
 they crash, we owe them the best vet care money can buy.  We
 have domisticated them, let us take care of them. >>

I agree we have to take the best possible care of our horses.  We do make
mistakes (all of us), hopefully, we learn like Howard did and don't make the
same mistakes twice.  One thing I have to say in regard to horses not wanting
to go out and do a sub-12 hour 50 ..... some of them DO like what they're
doing.  Harca was joyous last weekend to be back at an endurance ride doing
what he loves best.  I was constantly asking him to go a bit slower and pace
himself -- he thought we should be setting a land speed record at times <g>
Personally, I wouldn't enjoy riding a horse who wasn't having fun too.

Sylvia, Harca, Star & Chance