Re: RC: Death Visits Ridecamp, Conclusion

Howard,

The thing that many people, in particularly many newer riders overlook
is the ride vet is there to help you. If you thought Dance was tired at
the third check, then you should have shared it with the vet and you and
the vet could have decided what to do. Maybe taking an extra 30 minutes
to see if he started to eat and drink and he would have been fine. Maybe
he should have been done for the day. But the vet couldn't make this
call without the information.

The vet needs all the information available to evaluate the horse. The
parameters he gets in two minutes are the tip of the iceberg - the
information the rider has can many times be the key when evaluated with
the other information for the vet to make an informed recommendation or
decision.

Glad to see that Dance is recovering and hopefully after the dust
settles we'll see you back out there on Dance. We need someone to take
out all the brush at the FOF, for goodness sakes.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm