Re: RC: Howard's big picture

T O wrote:

> What about the big picture for Howard?  Howard, I
> would have e-mailed you privately but deleted your
> address.  Are we all missing the most wonderful point?
>  This man went from atheist for believing in God
> (Howard, don't starting doubting this incident, ever).
>  I would bet my bottom dollar that Howard was part of
> a big picture we will never know and that his horse
> was a vehicle for that.  We all love our animals, but
> God almighty and his son Jesus should be our first
> love.  That's when life gets good. All of my partying
> and drug days could never match up to the life
> experiences I have been having for the last few years.
>  Howard, you are in the right lane, don't deviate, and
> you will be happy beyond compare.  I'm so happy for
> you and for Dance Line for helping open your eyes.
> Sorry guys, please don't slam me.  Just had to say it.
> I'm sure I've crossed the ridecamp line but I will
> take my consequences. Terri

And Tom's post:

Maryben is correct, of course. Sanctimonious posturing, self-righteous
indignation, and self-flaggellation are all man-made spiritual defects
that,
as self-respecting human beings, we must seek to avoid. Instead, we must
seek
the truth. We must seek clarity. We must seek simple honesty. And the
simple
truth here is that a horse possessed by a human is a beast of burden.
Burdened by the desires and aspirations of its master; and its master,
clearly, is not God.

The most we can ask of a human playing God is to use his or her God-given

brainpower as best he or she can to protect his living possession. The
substantive discussions that occur on Ridecamp take us all in this
direction.
Unfortunately, this particular exchange, starting with Howard's article
itself, is all fluff and nonsense.

ti

OK, I ask now about truth and facts.... GOD!!!  Where is the proof?  What
are the facts?  IMO, there are NONE, therefore atheism or love of GOD has
NOT ONE thing to do with what happened to Howard and Dance Line or many
others out there.

--
Teddy Lancaster
American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our 20th
Anniversary!!!!
Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/
Webmaster for USA East website: http://usa-east.org/
Moderator for the USA EAST mailing list:
                               http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/USAEAST
1-800-533-2327, FAX: 740-533-0337
Home of Khalarado+/ 1990 IAHA National Endurance Champion
- (1982 Chestnut CMK Stallion)
Supplying the WORLD with quality endurance equipment since 1980