private property

> So many of "these people" seem to
> think that if it's "in the country", private property isn't really
private,

SOOO true, Michelle.  Growing up on large cattle ranches, I was always
aware of people coming to ask if they could do this or that on the ranch --
sometimes they were granted permission, sometimes they weren't.  But boy,
nothing made my parents angrier when someone came on the land without
permission, and I never really understand why someone would do that
(trespass) until recently.  All of my friends that I have now were raised
in cities or towns and I have come to realize that people don't think
private property that is out in the country is really private.  For
example, a friend and I were going fishing and were headed to a spot that
was highly recommended by my neighbor (a place where even I could catch a
fish!!).  However, when we got there, it was clear that it was on
somebody's ranch and there were around 5 signs posted all around it that
said, NO TRESPASSING.  Not only did my neighbor regularly ignore those
signs but my friend wanted to as well.  I asked my friend if when he has a
house and a backyard, he would like to walk out his backdoor and come upon
a couple of people just hanging out, enjoying his grass and shade?  He said
that it was completely different because there wasn't anybody who lived
right around there(where we wanted to fish).  I explained to him that it
wasn't any different and that we were going to respect the landowner's
signs.  But that experience really opened my eyes to these "city kids' "
mentality.  It's too bad that everyone doesn't get to grow up out in the
country!! =-)

> plantation and hundreds of slaves doing all the work...and he taxes me
> accordingly.
> So there's times when I wish that the next quake that hits is a big one.
It