gas tases/ cribbing

jmaynard, NV jmaynard@idsely.com
I just paid $1.69 for gas in S. Utah and stated right on the pumps:  Federal and State Taxes
$.49 per gallon.

I have a stallion that cribs.  I purchased a electric collar from Valley Vet
I think.  It was $99 which I felt was a bargain if it worked.  It has a nylon web strap
with a small electric box that holds two AA batteries.  You
adjust it for tightness and how much power.  The little box
sits under the horses neck where a normal cribbing collar would be.
When the horse reaches to crib and expands his/her neck then
they receive a mild shock.  My horse would look around to see
who got him and then try again with the same result.  Then he
tried sneaking a suck and it still got him.  He quit after about
a week.  The only thing is the collar is not well made in my
opinion and if you leave it off the horse will start again.  Leave
the collar on for an extended period of time (couple of months at least)
before trying to go without it.  I might not have bought it from
Valley Vet but it was one of those vet type catalogs.

Good luck.