RC: Hitchin' Posts in town... we got 'em!

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck

I live in a very small northern VT. town.
Actually Westford only has 1 partially paved
road, and all the rest are dirt (except for the
State Rd. that runs straight thru).

A group of us always ride from our
farms on weekends, and meet at the town common
to ride togther.  There's one
small store in town, and we buy coffee, soda
etc. there.

We asked for hitching posts several years back..
(not ever thinking we'd get them) and we got
2 of them placed at the edge of the common.

I just truly love living in a small town.
We have trails everywhere, all crossing private
land... all with permission.
At Christmas, we riders get together and spend
about $100.00 total and give a basket of goodies
to the land owners: Homemade bread, cookies, Cherry
Cider from New Mexico (my contribution).

We're fortunate.
Barb