Re: RC: Re: Re: Re: Horseshoes???

In a message dated 03/21/2000 9:22:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< Then I started putting 2 and 2 together,
 and realized that they had long backs with weak loins, coupled with "big"
 trots.  They simply hollowed their backs, gutted it out, and flung
themselves
 gloriously down the trail until the legs started to go.  >>

 Your description is fascinating.  I own a horse that must be the model for
your post.  He is a great fun horse to ride, but he is weak exactly as you
describe.  He's injured his suspensories about three times.  I don't ask him
to do endurance very much any more, but he's good for flagging trail, packing
trail building tools, and general pleasure. Since I bought him 10 years ago,
I've learned enough to avoid such a horse again.  I think I bought his
extremely fast walk and his dark bay color.  But I also bought his long
downhill back.

Barbara