Wintec Adjustable Tree Saddles

Ruth Abair shakesbearides@texoma.net
Dear Ridecampers,

My steed - young arabian, you might know - has convinced me he
is no longer happy with my Stubben "nor" my Thorowgood All Purpose
saddles. This last year; we have been doing a lot of LSD in
preparation for endurance riding. Just recently; we started doing
basic dressage lessons. I bought - and had fitted to him - a used
County WB dressage saddle, #4 tree, with short, wide/broad panels.
He became a "changed" horse - overnight! That saddle was just what
the doctor ordered. "So" now I'm back looking at "All Purpose"
saddles for trail and endurance riding and am contemplating going
"synthetic." Herein lies the problem. I am looking at Wintec's
adjustable models and like the features of the Wintec 2000 AP.
"But" I recently did a "fit" check on my steed - using a Wintec
500 AP "wide" model and it still doesn't fit. Now mind you; the
Wintec 500 AP has the "adjustable tree" feature but I can't seem
to get a straight answer as to whether or not the "wide" models
can be made wider, using the Kit! Anyone had experience with these
adjustable synthetics? Any comments are "greatly" appreciated.
Ruth Abair in Texas  email: shakesbearides@texoma.net