Re: RC: Horse Training HELP!

Two suggestions from an endurance rider who's also taught dressage for many
years:
   1)  Take some lessons (basic training level dressage or the equivalent)
on a well-trained school horse to rebuild your confidence and add to your
abilities and knowledge/technique.  You will probably spend some initial
time with the new instructor simply establishing a relationship of mutually
respectful trust. You will each need to be compassionate and willing
partners in your riding and training education.
   2)  Obtain and read the book "Driven Dressage" by Heike Bean.  Yes, I
realize you haven't mentioned driving your horse, but this book contains
clearly explained principles of dressage that are very suitable for ridden
trail horses as well. This reference should help you evaluate any training
of your horse (by yourself and/or by a professional trainer) in the
interests of safety and appropriateness for your situation.

- Olivia Greene