Re: RC: Re: Gas or Oil out, What is the problem????

In a message dated 3/21/00 6:24:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
helgeson@lansford.ndak.net writes:

<< Help save an
 endangered
 species, the oil field workers!!!!!! >>

I sympathathize with your position, Lynette.  However, I doubt that the rise
in gas prices will help the oil field workers, either.  The problem is at a
governmental level, where the oil field workers have been literally
legislated out of jobs.  I know of many wells that have been capped because
they didn't "pay" at $5 a barrel, but the bureaucratic red tape keeps them
from being restarted (or whatever the correct terminology is for oil wells)
even though they would be quite profitable with oil now 6 times that price.
We could provide a lot more good jobs for a lot more oil field workers in
this country (and possibly actually help LOWER the price of gas at the same
time) if our dear government would let folks do it.  I just hope I don't hear
anyone griping about exploration and development of our own oil resources on
one hand and complaining about the price of gas on the other....

Heidi