Re: RC: Tying rope halters...

At 04:16 PM 3/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
Has anyone spent a real frustrating day trying to figure out how to tie a rope halter and still not succeeded.... I know there must be some easy answer but I sure can't get the damn thing to come out right.. I have two different sets of instructions.... Anyone has a real clear cut method...

I saw an article years ago in Western Horseman - it suggested nailing some finishing nails in a piece of plywood so you can wrap around them thereby maintaining the proper distances between knots.  So I tried that.  I gave up.  When I got done, I had a knotted mess, it wasn't a halter, I was really REALLY PO'd, and buying one made much more sense.  There was a place in the same issue that offered rope halters made of nylon braided rope for $12 each.  I figured that the advertiser was the one who put the article in the magazine.  They got me as a customer!  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for health, horsemanship, the internet & your life
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
Internet Research * Web Design * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options