Re: RC: Re: Horseshoes???

Just ask...or be sly and say, "Hey, we were discussing horseshoes on
Ridecamp and everybody was sharing their "favorite" shoe but I couldn't
tell them exactly what kind I use.  Would you mind enlightening me?".
Nelson views every question as an opportunity to educate...not meaning that
the client is ignorant.  Sometimes owners may have "heard" something or
have a misconception or miscommunication that can quickly be cleared up
with a simple question of What, why, where, etc...Tell him you WANT to know
what he is doing so you can be a better horseperson.  Also, if your farrier
were ever hurt and couldn't take care of your horse for a period of time,
you would know what your farrier is doing so a new one could continue his
work and keep your horse going in good shape.  Take the leap and start
asking questions.  I bet you are pleasantly surprised by his
response...unless, of course, he is one of those who feels questions are
"telling" him what to do.  I don't think there are that many of those
farriers out there....I hope.  :)  Good luck and tell us what you find
out!!   And how he reacts to your questions!  :)

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657