Re: RC:

In a message dated 03/17/2000 7:54:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vvarney@megalink.net writes:

<< I keep getting mixed info on things like:  iodine on navels, ivermectin
for mare after foaling, testing for antibodies......... >>

Having raised 4 foals in the past 10 years, I offer the following:  I iodine
the navel if possible. Then I have the vet out by the time the foal is 24
hours old and let him do whatever he feels is necessary.  This usually
amounts to checking various things, including the navel and the mouth. If the
foal has had the colostrum successfully, I would think the antibodies would
be OK.

Barbara