Re: advice on clipping.. w-d 40

Be careful using w-d 40 on running clippers, it is flammable. Blade friction can cause w-d 40 to catch on fire.  I found out. :>0     W-D 40 can also be used as a starting fluid.
Dolly

0 PM Pacific Standard Time,
MBlanchrd@aol.com writes:

<< So....does anyone know of a less objectionable substance I can use to cool
 the clippers? Something a little more environmentally and mammalian
friendly?? >>

This is probably not what you're looking for, but I was always taught to use
1/2 kerosene and 1/2 motor oil to wash blades.  That was 'way back 30 years
ago when we were clipping and showing cattle. I still use it, but after I
wash the running blades, I shut off the clippers and wipe the blades with a
paper towel. No problem I can think of.  If I'm in a hurry, I spray WD-40 on
the running blades to wash them clean.  No one recommended this, I just
thought of it myself.

Barbara