Re: Re: Fw: Re: Tree-hugger

Nitrogen
> is nitrogen, whether it is from man-made granules or from cows (pigs,
> chickens, whatever).
            Just like "oil is oil"???   I don't think so.

Let me tell you a little story---many years ago I had opportunity to drive
through western Kansas---where, because the land is so flat, many times the
number of acres (than in rolling country) drain into one river.   Along the
river--ALL (meaning hundreds, for miles and miles) the trees were
dead---from the chemicals farmers sprayed on their fields having all run off
or leached out into the local waters, which poured into this river.   THAT
was a sad sight.
    Another---the Trinity River in Dallas tests dangerously positive for a
lawn chemical (I want to say chlordane) - TEN YEARS after the chemical was
banned.   I know, I know, this is not a fertilizer--but it is a man-made
chemical.

Claudia