Re: RC: Re: Horse slaughter

Hi Kenzie
I hope you're saying that it is wrong to send ANY animal to slaughter in
a cruel fashion and I have to agree 100%. I didn't eat veal for 10 years
and supported FACT. The laws were changed and calves can no longer be
raised in a wooden box which allows for no movement. Now FACT is taking
on other animal practices, such as chickens, and I am all for it. And I
believe all of us are. Hey, there is nothing wrong in my mind with
eating an animal or plant (didn't anyone else read Stranger in a Strange
Land?? It's called "grokking" (TIC). It's the method by which any animal
is treated prior to death. I don't believe anyone on ridecamp who enjoys
nature and our horses as much as we do, wants to see any animal suffer.
That is not called tree hugging; that is called humanity and is what
separates us from the animals (who very often are kinder than us, I am
unhappy to say). Instead of debating how to dispose of our horses, we
simply need to lobby for better treatment until the point of death,
whatever the ultimate destination of the carcass--- which is just that.
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov