From: Eenergonzillen@aol.com [mailto:Eenergonzillen@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 9:53 PM
To: eyler@mindspring.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: horse slaughter

<< I don't think that the person who wrote so matter-of-factly about the
 practical and financial advantages of sending a horse to slaughter was much
 concerned with closure. >>

are you talking about what I said???
Because if you are, you didn't really understand what I was saying.  I was
saying that the owner of the horse should pick the option that gives them a
sense of closure.  Some people feel wrong about sending their old friend to
be slaugtered.  And for these people, it would be wrong to send them to be
slaughtered because they would feel like they did their old friend some kind
of unjustice by sending it there.  For people who don't feel that slaughter
is wrong, I don't see any reason for them not to send their horses to be
slaughtered.  In the end, it doesn't matter what other people think, it
matters what the owner of the horse wants to see happen with the remains of
their horse
-Renee