Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #412

Actually, the Mongolian ponies are not bad riding at all.  Bob and I have
spent as much as six to eight hours on them a day for ten days and really
enjoyed every minute. At first you feel a little close to the ground because
of their small stature, but once you get used to that, they are very
comfortable.  The Mongolian saddles are not that great and most Mongolians
stand in the stirrups (which are about six inches wide), and tilt their
bodies sort of sideways.  They  go all day  at a trot in this position.
These horses (the Mongolians do not like them referred to as ponies). are
incredibly hardy, totally obedient, but given to bucking when the pack slips.
 They come in all colors and  we even saw some with Appaloosa markings which
were very distinctive.   I would love to have one in my barn.   Julie Suhr