Re: Choices (was horse slaughter)

trying to maintain control over an animal that is not in your
possession can be a tremendously and impossibly bad situation.>

That's what I am afraid of!!  Guess I better just get another job (or find
some more new clients for Nelson!) so I can pay to take care of all these
"hay burners", God love 'em!!  :)  I just can't bring myself to even offer
them for sale...I'm with you, I guess.  Better to give them away.
Hopefully the right situation/person will present themselves and things
will fall into place....just last night I finally placed one of our corgi
puppies born last May.  Have had people interested but of course, they all
want something for nothing or next to it!   Anyway...these folks were
looking for a puppy for their little girl (4 years old) to grow up with.
They came to see him (I didn't tell them anything about what I was looking
for in a home for him, just come and visit and we could talk...) and when
Cowboy (the puppy) walked right up to that little girl and tried to lick
her before he greeted anyone else, I knew this was it!  :)  I accepted a
fraction of what these dogs sell for and was delighted to do it because
they didn't EXPECT a deal or a freebie.  But it hasn't been easy and I know
it hasn't been and won't be easy placing horses when we need to cut down.
(Drama coming soon to a theater near you!).  Even the most ideal situations
can turn into stories from hell!!!  Thanks for sharing your experiences
with us!!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.