Re: RC: FW: RE: Re: Horse slaughter

We lost our Welsh pony mare to a gut rupture suddenly
a couple of years ago.  We had had a lovely ride the
day before and nothing seemed amiss.  When we found
her in shock in the pasture and rushed her to the
vet's, they did a belly tap and wanted her to go on a
three hour drive, to another hospital, for surgery.  I
knew she wouldn't make it(she was collapsing), so we
chose to put her down right there and we stayed with
her until her last breath.  Then the vet office
allowed me to stay on their phone, on a Sunday, July
4th weekend, until I could find someone to come dig a
hole for her on our property.  The vet office had a
hand load her on their trailer and take her out to our
land.   Then we had a funeral and the backhoe driver
and the neighbor that covered her with an old
bedspread and my two daughters and I cried and cried.
But, I felt relief that I was there for her and my two
daughters and that we know where she is today.

Hard to lose good ones, but part of reality.

she

=== message truncated ===

=====
She