A lesson with Billy

I have to pass this on to Ridecamp...partly because some of you know me, know
Aarene (pronounce Air-in, who lurks on ridecamp...say "hi" Aarene ;-)), or
know
Billy...at least know *of* him.  I brought Billy up from California this past
summer.  He's a beautiful 15h CMK Arab gelding with great conformation and
wonderful gaits...loads of potential (not to mention LOADS of energy) who is
going thru some Basic Training here.  Aarene is currently his mentor since my
time's a bit limited and she's eagerly working with this talented, very
sensitive, extremely intelligent, and very VERY green horse.  One of the
things
that I have asked is that, if I'm not able to be at the work sessions, she
send
me a note on how he did during his lesson.  We're spending a lot of time on
the
basics -- he had a couple of months off when he first got here to acclimate,
due to our schedules, before we could actually start with him with any
regularity...so he's just now getting some real good training time in.
This is
tonight's Progress Report! ;-)  Those of you who have trained green,
energetic,
young horses will appreciate this edition!!

I might add that Aarene, besides being a boarder here, riding student, and my
trail riding buddy, is a storyteller and librarian by profession...so any
progress report is not your usual progress report. <g>  You'll see a fair
amount of her at the PNW rides this year...and if you find her, you might be
able to talk her into a story around the campfire!

Sue