Re: RC: Re: Horse slaughter

In a message dated 3/14/00 5:57:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mmieske@netonecom.net writes:

<< Just curious....why is it unrealistic to bury one's horse on the home farm?
  Just wondering... >>

In some places its illegal (ok, ok, California).  However, I had my filly
hauled to the local landfill and buried there for a small fee.  She had
broken her leg out in pasture and after some research it was decided that the
best thing would be to put her down (believe me lots of heartbreak here).  I
feel so fortunate to be able to look back on that event and think that at
least I was there with her at the end.  She was never scared or lost or
confused.  I held her head just like I did in the first seconds of her life.

Sylvia