Making the decision -- to Drin

Drin,

There's nothing the matter, IMHO, with the way you and your husband handled
what must have been very difficult.  Obviously, I didn't make clear that
what I found terrible was the idea of sending a sick horse off on a long,
horrible ride to a slaughter house.

Yes, I've had to make the decision for euthanasia (doesn't matter whether
it's an injection or a gunshot, so long as it's quick).  And I will have to
again.

How wonderful that you had your mare for so many years.

Cindy
p.s.  I would have sent this reply directly to you but your return addy was
incomplete.