Re: RC: Notched ear - Savaging

Hi Annette
I certainly wouldn't compare your boy to the one Jennifer has at this
point. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I'd give him a
chance but be very aware of him and continue to punish him swiftly and
sternly as you have been. Sounds like he has responded to you so far.
I would tend to agree with you about the notch too--I've never heard of
"marking horses that way. If after a few more days you still get bad
feelings about him; well then, that's another matter. Only you know your
comfort level and if you continue to have reason not to trust him, then
it would seem that he is not the horse for you no matter what his other
strengths may be. Isn't the purpose of horseback riding to enjoy
ourselves anyway?
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov