egg bar shoes

I've only had one experience with these, but it's a good one.  The
friend I board with has a 16-yr-old gelding with soreness in his front
ankles.  Chondroitin helps but he still was not able to stay sound for
riding.  He missed going out on trail with us, and my friend really
wanted him to be able to be ridden for lessons (mostly with kids now)
and competed by the juniors she's bringing along.  Egg bars were
suggested and she thought it was worth a try.  He's a different horse!
As long as those shoes are on he's sound and comfortable and raring to
go.  He'll stay on the supplement for the joints, and she'll watch him
closely to make sure he's staying comfortable, but so far the egg bars
have really done the trick!
Mickie
(Ohio)