Teeth:

Hi Pat Gifford from Kansas here
 I just want to say that after my horse dropping weight last
spring when he normally is putting it on I had a vet that
does endurance ride vetting work on my then 16 year old gelding's
teeth. She did an excellent job, spending an hour working on him.
She did not have the nice power tools but did put  him in stocks and
tranquilized him. She then proceded to put a mouth gag in him and
continued
to work on his teeth. My bill, somewhere around $80. with shots of tranq
and
antibiotic. BTW he had a really bad wave and a badly tartered tooth on
the right
just before the bar. I firmly believe that after his experience with this
that he (if he could)
would tell you to check the horses mouth every time the vet sees them for
the
usual vet things like shots and worming.
Pat and Razzel in Kansas
(P.S. For those who might remember I am the one that inquired about the
fusing hock on
my horse. He is doing really well and I have started him back under
saddle)