Re: It's an Arabian question

> My question is about horses stretching.  My Arab mares, mother and
> daughter stretch themselves out like human runners....They both stretch
out both back legs straight out and drop their butts down and then they
stretch out their front end.  I don't think they're in any
> pain......My grade gelding never does this. Anyone else's horse do this?

I got my 2 geldings when they were 24 and 12 months of age.  That was almost
3 years ago.  They have always stretched like this, they really seem to be
doing all the stretches that a cat will and can do.   They are extremely
flexible dudes and can actually stand on 3 legs holding one back leg in the
air and use their teeth to get an itch between their back legs, all the
while with me on their back  :)    When I had QHs in my younger days....I
never saw them do the things these Arabian guys do.  They also copy each
other.....if one rolls the other rolls, if one stretches the other one
stretches, if one lays down the other one lays down (and they take lots of
naps between their very active play times on 5 acres).

mar and khal and scout in san angelo tx