Hay cubes

Don't really want to burst the bubble, but you have to be really careful
with hay cubes.  We had an outbreak of botulism here in Los Angeles a few
years back from dead mice being processed in with the cubes.  The mice
(and snakes) came into the plant with the alfalfa and were just formed
right into the cubes.  A number of horses died.

I've never fed them personally, but I know Suzanne Hayes soaks them and
feeds them to Kooter at endurance rides.  Lugging around a bucket of
soaking cubes at Tevis isn't fun, but Kooter sure did like them
(especially when I would hold the bucket up to his mouth and feed the
goop to him by hand).  The cubes Suz used looked really good - didn't
find any dead mice in the bucket.  Since Suz lives in Montana maybe she
uses Montana Pride too.

Tori