clicker training

There is a free clicker traing demo in Grant Pass, Oregon on saturday March 11 at Jan Norman's house, 7602 Monument Drive 10am. My friend Sanne called last night all jazzed because her mare that was scared of water on the trail now wades right in and drinks on command. This stuff is really amazing. I have been playing around with it for about six weeks now and it takes years off your training time and the horses love it. Francisco picks things up off the ground and hands them to me, bows, lays down so I can mount, walks up and touches scary things, whoas, backs and sidepasses on verbal commands. I taught Starter to play the keyboard yesterday. I am going to do some demos and clinics here as soon as the mud dries up enough. Alexandra's book Clicker training your horse is a great book on training. She is a Team practicanor, studied dressage, John Lyons and Pat Parelli and somehow puts it all together with the clicker. Her email is Kurlanda@crisny.org . Karen Parker