Re: RC: egg bar shoes

 Yes, eggbars diffuse ground impact forces upon the horses foot, but these
forces are compounded by the weight of the shoes, whether steel or aluminum.
These or other bars shoes are heel weighted thus creating more concussion
upon the heels and more breaking of the knee in the movement of the horse.
Most of the top horses in Endurance that I shoe wear eggbars, but I apply
pads, rim or full, to help with this concussion and shock.  With any Long
Distance horse pads are a must, on all four feet.
 As for the hind feet, I rarely apply eggbar shoes.  The rare instance is in
the case of laminitis in the front feet for the reason of the horse's
laminitic posture (rocking back).  A good steel open heeled shoe with clips
and rim pads will suffice.  The sliding or twisting of the rear feet or foot
is due to improper trimming and balance of the feet or conformational defect
in the hip of the horse.  The first is what I see the most and the later is
rare.

  Jaye
JShoes4U@aol